May 11, 2011

A splash of color

colorful beaded necklace


I made this necklace last weekend, with bits and pieces I still had lying around from other jewelry projects - odd pieces of brass chain, gemstones (most of which I forgot the names), liquid silver and glass seed beads, which I love. I used brass eye pins in between. You can't tell from the pictures, but I messed up some of the eye loops - I guess I got out of the habit and I didn't have enough eye pins to start them all over again...
But I do like the result.

I have been wearing my new accessory every single day. It adds a little splash of color to my predominantly gray/beige/white (and very boring) wardrobe.
That and my bohemian style belt which has become another favorite of mine...

colorful beaded necklace

colorful beaded necklace

colorful beaded necklace

colorful beaded necklace

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your necklace!

Margarete

Cindy said...

i think it's wonderful, pascale!

Frances said...

From your photos, I'd say that your necklace has a great balance of exquisite taste combined with knowing casual choice of colors and materials.

No wonder you've been wearing it a lot! I bet that you've been getting lots of compliments.

Since I am a bit new to your site, I don't know if you've made other jewelry, but would guess that the answer is yes.

Best wishes.

Creative Mom said...

I love the beads, it's so delicate.

blue moss said...

love the mismatched bits and pieces....fabulous

Wendy said...

Really lovely, so simple but effective. I'm drawn to all things rainbow at the minute.

nicole/brussels said...

mooi, en blij dat je terug naar je" eerste liefde" terud komt! ik draag al iedere dag jou creaties en moet zeggen dat ik er van geniet, en nog steeds mooi vind!

Mireille said...

I'd love it too! I understand very well that you wear it every single day!

" me " said...

so simple but so beautiful !

Anonymous said...

ce n'est pas pour la rapporteuse, je pensais que voudrais savoir que "delia creates" a fait un tutorial sur le meme genre de sac à provision que toi.

Anna said...

love this, wish I could make something fun like it. :)

Brittany H. said...

Small and dainty, but not understated. Love that.

X&O
You Are My Favorite

nicole/brussels said...

terug naar je " oude liefde" juweeltjes maken! ik vind nog altijd één van je meest geslaagde "gaven", ze zijn sober en toch hebben ze altijd dat "iets" die ze speciaal maken!

Aimee said...

i like it! simply yet classy.

Beth said...

I love the necklace! Fun colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails